1. You have at least one type of notepad or word processing application on your smartphone and use it to jot down ideas on the go.
2. Paper and pencil are on your nightstand, just in case your dreams are novel-worthy or you get inspired at 3:00 a.m.
3. The amount you spend on office supplies is dangerously close to your income.
4. There is always some kind of pen mark on at least one of your hands.
5. Your computer is always on, and you leave Microsoft Word running no matter what else you are doing on the machine.
6. Coffee and breakfast are fairly synonymous.
7. You wonder what people mean when they say they “clock out” for the day.
8. People always give you gift cards to stores like Barnes & Noble for your birthday or the holidays.
9. You run through possible lead lines in your head while in the shower, wondering if they’re good enough.
10. You actually care what weight a pencil lead is and what type of ink a pen has.