Good Writer? Here’s Why You Get Rejected Anyway
By TakingDictation | December 2, 2012
Photo by geralt on Pixabay Rejection from publishers is something that virtually every good writer will experience in their career at some point. In fact, some professional writers acquire so many rejection letters could paper...
When Creativity and the Ability to Sell Don’t Mix
By TakingDictation | November 20, 2012
Photo by Paul Steuber on Unsplash Disney has produced some truly wonderful material over its decades of operation. Even so, I can’t help but notice that Disney tends not to move away from general plots. For example, in...
Is Ebook Technology Killing the Printed Book?
By TakingDictation | October 29, 2012
Photo by BibBornem on Pixabay These days, the convenience of reading devices (e.g., Kindles) is unquestionable. But is ebook technology is killing the hard copy book? Digital opens doors for more authors... An electronic book...
Low Writing Rates Destroy Authors. Here’s How
By TakingDictation | October 22, 2012
Photo by csamhaber on Pixabay In addition to working through Takingdictation.com, I use a plethora of sites such as Upwork.com to find work, fill my schedule, and maintain a workable budget. Each of these sites...
- How to Deal with Other People Finding Writing Success July 1, 2022
- How to Tell the Difference Between Content Mills and Legitimate Writing Sites June 24, 2022
- Investment Mindset: 4 Rules to Be a More Successful Writer June 16, 2022
- Are You a Bad Writer? Here’s the Truth June 9, 2022
- Should You Work As a Ghostwriter? June 6, 2022