Are You a Bad Writer? Here’s the Truth
By TakingDictation | June 9, 2022
Food photo created by valeria_aksakova – www.freepik.com In my usual browse of article headlines on Feedly this morning, I stumbled across this gem from Hannah Giorgis in The Atlantic. Giorgis declared that much of what’s on Netflix...
Paper or Digital: Which Is Better for Writing?
By TakingDictation | May 29, 2022
Background photo created by freepik – www.freepik.com You’ve heard the stories. People like Abraham Lincoln, J.K. Rowling, Aaron Sorkin, even Marilyn Monroe–all are said to have scrawled ideas on whatever they could, including paper napkins....
How Many Books Should You Read Each Year?
By TakingDictation | April 24, 2022
School vector created by freepik – www.freepik.com In America’s culture of “more is probably better”, people tend to flaunt how many books they've read like badges of honor that offer implied evidence of competence. In this...
Daily Word Count Goals Suck for Writers. Here’s Why
By TakingDictation | April 3, 2022
Background photo created by freepik – www.freepik.com As a writer, I try hard to stay connected with other writers, especially on social media. Regardless of which platform I'm using, the focus on daily word count...
- How to Deal with Other People Finding Writing Success July 1, 2022
- How to Tell the Difference Between Content Mills and Legitimate Writing Sites June 24, 2022
- Investment Mindset: 4 Rules to Be a More Successful Writer June 16, 2022
- Are You a Bad Writer? Here’s the Truth June 9, 2022
- Should You Work As a Ghostwriter? June 6, 2022